The Nine Worlds team:
- We are a small and dedicated team that works closely together on both sales and operations. Some team members are dedicated to sales while others are dedicated to operations but we always work together to ensure smooth execution of our clients’ travel plans
- We only take tailor-made, private, and bespoke requests only – our clients are usually looking for something special and we make sure that it happens.
- We collect, monitor and evaluate feedback while your client is on travel. We monitor each trip closely and make sure to send you a report while your guests are travelling
- We only use hand-picked accommodation
- We only use hand-picked guides
- We have an excellent relationship with our suppliers and offer great flexibility
- Access to private lodges & villas with private chefs/host
- Private lunches/dinner set-ups during tours
- Concierge Service
- After-hours access to museums, artists, shops etc.
During your stay:
- Meet and greet at hotel in Reykjavík by a Nine Worlds team member
- Excellent amenities in the vehicles (wool blankets, umbrellas, water, snacks etc)
- During our tours, we make sure there are some fun stops at unique locations tailored to your interests
The northern lights are best seen on dark, clear nights. The odds of seeing the lights are highest around the vernal- and autumnal equinoxes. Therefore, March/April and September/October provide the best possible chances to see the lights in Iceland.
The aurora are electrical disturbances in the Earth´s magnetic field, caused by solar wind. During the equinoxes the earth’s axial tilt aligns at a peak angle to “accept” the solar wind particles streaming from the sun, thus allowing us to see the Northern Lights.
To be able to see the mysterious dance of the aurora, we need clear, dark skies and fast solar winds. Our expert guides use aurora forecast tools to aim for the best night to take you out on a hunt for the lights.
At Nine Worlds we hand select each accommodation, based on your needs. We know what each area in the country has to offer and have a good relationship with all our suppliers. Whether you prefer, hotels, private villas, lodges or apartments we will choose the best available.
For trips on main roads we use S/E-Class cars or V-Class vans. For rougher terrain we normally use a modified, Land Cruiser, Patrol and Ford Excursion. Car selection mainly depends on group sizes. We have access to other car types upon request as well as larger coaches.
Weather in Iceland is notoriously variable.
Iceland lies in the path of the Gulf Stream, so the weather here is milder than many expect. Average winter temperatures are around 0 °C (32 °F) in the southern part. The northern part averages around −10 °C (14 °F).
The average July temperature is 10–13 °C (50–55 °F). Warm summer days can reach 20–25 °C (68–77 °F). The highest temperature recorded is 30.5°.
The sun barely sets in the summer (JUN – AUG), it’s light round-the-clock at the peak of summer so visitors arrive to a bright midnight sky. In mid-winter (DEC – FEB) it gets dark, it is daylight only about 4-5 hours a day. In spring (MAR – MAY) and autumn (SEP – NOV) we have more or less “normal” daylight hours.
The Icelandic monetary unit is the “krona” (ISK). Coins are in denominations of: 100 kr. 50 kr, 10 kr, 5 kr, 1 kr. Bank notes are in denominations of: 10.000 kr, 5.000 kr, 2.000 kr, 1.000 kr and 500 kr. All major currencies can be exchanged at the airport, banks and currency exchange bureau. Iceland is very credit card friendly and all major credit card types are accepted.
Medical assistance and universal health care are readily available in Iceland. When traveling with a private guide, they will make sure to assist you with contacting any health care authorities if needed. Nine Worlds will provide you with all necessary health care contact information.
Please note that individual travel insurance is not included in the tour prices. It is therefore important that travelers arrange for their own travel insurance before visiting Iceland. We consider adequate travel insurance to be essential. Nine Worlds cannot accept responsibility for any cost for you or any of your travel party that may incur as a result of failing to take out insurance cover. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance covers all your activities during your holiday, for example, water sports, riding tours, snow scooter tours and winter sports. Please read your policy carefully and take it with you on your holiday. Our road trips (a.k.a. self-drive packages) include basic insurance (CDW).
Nine Worlds is owned by Iceland Travel, the country´s oldest tour operator. It is the company´s policy that it is vital to respect Icelandic nature and keep our country a vibrant and exciting destination. We are fully committed to sustainable tourism and continued improvement. This is represented by us meeting the ISO 14001 environmental management standard.